Wednesday, January 05, 2011

{insert new year's title here}

I feel like I will be left out if I don't post about the new year and the hope it brings.  So this is that post.

Except for mine is more exciting because I am posting this:



{my apologies to those who didn't get a Christmas card in the mail.  I still love you all.}


Continuing on...
My weird but totally adorable husband has never believed in New Year's Resolutions.  So for a while, I gave up on having my own because he refused to encourage me. (I think he was just afraid I'd accomplish mine and he wouldn't... so competitive!!!) But for some reason this year I'm trying to get off my lazy butt and do something noteworthy remain hopeful and optimistic about my future.
So... how am I going to do this?  My friend Tasha inspired me to make my very own 30 before 30 list.  Because, let's face it, I am turning old this year.  Sob.  And the worst part is, I've only done 2 of these things.  I'll keep updating this post as the months go on -- and see how much I can get done this year!

My Very Own 30 Before 30
(p.s. these are not in any order of importance.)
(p.p.s. don't judge on any of these -- encouragement is appreciated! :)

1.  Grow my hair out long
2.  Own a bicycle
3.  Go surfing
4.  Complete my Bachelor's Degree
5.  Help Josh find a new job
6.  Meet the Governor
7.  Start/ work on my family history
8.  Finish my basement
9.  Become debt free
10.  Don't eat sugar for an entire month
11.  Swim with dolphins
12.  Complete a 1/2 marathon
13.  Learn how to knit and/or crochet
14.  Travel to Hawaii
15.  Wear a fancy dress to a fancy party
16.  Go white-water rafting
17.  Sell a photograph
18.  Get a new stamp in my passport
19.  Take a yoga class
20.  Attend a temple session in a temple outstide of Utah
21.  Visit Jaylene in Georgia
22.  Go to Disneyworld!
23.  Play a round (18 holes) of golf
24.  Sew curtains for my house
25.  Record a song in a studio
26.  Win a contest (I don't even care what it is!)
27.  Take Josh to Washington D.C. and New York City
28.  Go skydiving
29.  Join a real choir
30.  Become a better cook and healthier eater

Anyone that can help, inspire, encourage me in my goals?  Does anyone have a list of their own?



12 comments:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Awesome list with a variety of things to do. We started a couple months ago reading this book called the total money makeover its awesome and in a matter of months we are down to only having a mortgage payment and hopefully within five years that will be gone to it isn't easy but it is becoming more and more worth it all the time and by doing that it frees up a lot of time and money to do everything else on your list. Keep up the good work you just have to enjoy everyday time passes to quick these days!

Whitney said...

I love the new stamp in passport one. I want that too.

I would love to run a half marathon with you.

Tabbi said...

I love this list!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flattery! You can accomplish every one on this list - I know it! I found that once I got them on paper and got them out there the opportunities to accomplish them started to fall into my lap! Yes, I've only done 3 but the fourth just popped right into my hands! You go girl!

Miss Heather said...

I am MORE than willing to throw a FANCY party so we can both wear fancy dresses! :)

And I can teach you to knit or crochet... :)

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

I want to do this. So inspiring! I really can't believe we are approaching 30. It is scary!!!

The Holmgrens said...

Hey after you sew curtains for your house, will you sew curtains for my house? Please, and thank you.

Sara said...

I know how to knock like 10 out of the 30 all at once. (And I'll be joining you in these accomplishments, hence the 'we' because I too want to do some of the things that your have on your list! :))
First, we skydive (#28) to the starting line of the TOU half marathon (#12), wearing party dresses (#15), while we run I will teach you how to crochet(#13)--and then while we are running and crocheting in our party dresses, I bet at least one person will take our picture and you can sell that to the papers(#17). Meanwhile, we are running so fast that you win the 1/2 marathon and win that contest (#26) and then we can go celebrate all of your/our accomplishments by first going to Hawaii (#14), go surfing (#3), swim with the dolphins (#11) and then attended a session at the temple (#20) and then we put a stamp in your passport by going to Africa to ride some elephants! (ok, I added one of my own dreams to the list--I hope that's okay..)

In all seriousness...I love your goals. Good luck! You can do it!

picardy4th said...

I think #21 should be your #1 priority! We love and miss you!

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

We are going to disney world march first!!! I wish I had known it was a goal!!!

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

you just WON a trip to IDAHO! where we will be visiting the lovely IDAHO FALLS TEMPLE! WHooooOOOOOOoooo! two in one, how about that.

Claire Bagley Hayes said...

I bet you could sell photos on a stock photo site like Getty or something! My friend does this for a living, and it rolls in the dough. Easy way to get your "photo sold" goal finished up!