So I've decided I'm a little bit sad today that Summer is pretty much all over! Summer is Josh's and my favorite time of year, and somehow every year it seems to go by even quicker! We always say we are going to do a million things each summer, but then when it comes, we are always way too busy. It also doesn't help that Josh is an accident waiting to happen, so somehow every summer we spend time in the hospital together... bonding moments for sure...
My favorite parts of summer this year were:
1. Sara and Brady's new addition, Hayden Atkinson. He already loves me (well, okay, who wouldn't...) He's probably about as close to my own kid I'll ever get and I'm going to spoil him rotten!!! (Really I'm sure we'll have kids one day... in a long, long time...)
2. Our wakeboarding trip - we only got to go once this year, but Josh did great, and I got to show off a nice faceplant on video. I know, I know, I've got mad skills. Feel free to make fun. But only after you commend me for (sort of) getting some air!
3. Not having to wear shoes! Since Josh's polynesian genes somehow make him wear flip flops 10 out of 12 months a year, I am always happy when summer comes and I get to quit wearing socks (and shoes when I'm home, for that matter). I remember when I was little I used to run around without shoes ALL THE TIME, I could've walked on hot coals, nails, bees, you name it. I had sacagawea feet. Don't worry, I don't have a picture of my feet. Even though my toenails are darn cute.
4. Baseball games - One of our first dates was a Bees game (that is quite the story in itself) so I like to think that we go alot to reminisce about how we fell in love or something... but somehow baseball games are so much fun - sitting out on the grass, only paying attention to the game when you want to, the firework shows after the game... oh, it's all worth it.
5. All of the Weddings! I've had so many of my friends get married this summer, and it's been so much fun! It's always a good excuse for us girls to get togher and act like we're still in high school. I love all of my guys' wives, they are fantastic! Hooray for more friends! This picture is from Steve and Kristi's wedding, sadly the only one I had my camera attached to me. Sorry, Seth and Brett, I guess you're just not as cool!